This week on Do Anything, today’s guest busts one of the biggest myths I’ve heard about making a living as an artist. Maggie Appleton answers the lifelong question, “Is selling your art selling out?”
If you’re an artist and you’ve ever wondered if it’s really possible to make a living from your artwork, make sure you stick around to the end. In this episode you will learn:
- what to do when “what you love” isn’t a career
- how to talk about your art in a way that helps other people recognize it’s worth
- how to create value for other people through your art
- how to create your own opportunities (instead of waiting for them to land in your inbox!)
- the one realization that will change your life forever (and how to apply it)
Maggie is an illustrator and web designer who explains theories and ideas through incredibly beautiful visual images. She currently lives and works in Southeast Asia creating shareable artwork for the digital nomads who travel to the booming entrepreneurial community from all over the world. To find out more, or to see more of her artwork, visit her website at maggieappleton.com.